As a new year passed, you’ve likely done some reflecting on how to live a better life. Whether you seek convenience, effectiveness, or success with goals, consider using To-Do lists. Even if you have a great memory, your mind can always use a little help holding onto everything you need to do.
If you use To-Do lists, you’ll feel confident that nothing will fall through the cracks. Also, not trying to recall every single thing will help reduce your stress. No matter how large the pile of tasks gets, you’ll have peace of mind that everything is under your control.
Putting things down on paper or an app on your phone means you don’t have to expend your precious energy trying to recall scads of small details and tasks to do. Instead, you can confidently accomplish projects and daily goals with minimal effort. This way, you save your energy for the big things, the ones that really matter.
Over time, as you use To-Do lists for daily accomplishments, you’ll notice a boost in your confidence. It makes sense that if you achieve more in a day, you’ll feel better about yourself.
Try this simple, effective system
- Decide on a note taking tool. Buy a spiral notebook or use an app like Evernote; which ever you’re most comfortable with. If you use a notebook, write “To-Do List” on the front of it in big letters. Evernote also has built in “notebooks” to group notes and lists. Utilize this notebook only for this purpose.
- Make a commitment to yourself. Always use your designated notebook as your To-Do list. Avoid writing your lists on scraps of paper here and there, or using other apps.
- Your To-Do list is your key to experiencing more success in everything you do. Nothing builds confidence like knowing you’ll eventually achieve every single goal. All you’ve got to do is write down tasks to be completed and goals to be met. Then do them!
- Start using your To-Do list today. Open the notebook and on the first page start listing all the tasks you want to complete, or create a new list in Evernote. Don’t worry about big projects versus small tasks. It doesn’t matter how many pages it takes to think of every project/task/errand you want to finish.
- Celebrate completing tasks. When you finish a task, cross it off the list.
- As you learn to depend on your To-Do list, you’ll find you worry less about whether you’ll complete tasks. Your confidence will grow as you learn that when it’s on the list, it’ll get done. Plus, putting a line through completed tasks will build feelings of success.
- Tear out old pages. Eventually, you’ll start to have pages where every task has been completed and crossed out. In Evernote crossed off lists are automatically saved as completed.
- It’s an amazing feeling to realize you’re getting things done every single day. Sure, some days you’ll get more done than other days, but still, you’re doing something to be proud of. Who would’ve thought you’d feel so confident, just tearing out a page from a spiral notebook?
A simple to-do list will bolster your confidence in many different ways. You’ll be proud that you planned ahead and followed through with your tasks. Plus, finishing each job and getting rid of a whole page of completed tasks will boost your confidence enormously.
Writing down what you want to accomplish in a day can be an integral part of an organized, effective and self-assured life. Start living today and every day with more optimism and confidence by making use of To-Do lists.