The following describes the DMCA Compliance for HigherBooks.com.
We respond to any alleged copyright violations. Notice of alleged violations should take the form shown at http://www.copyright.gov. If any content infringes on any copyright, we will remove the content from HigherBooks.com. We will also document the allegation.
This advisement exists to prevent infringement on intellectual property rights, but it is no substitute for legal counsel. Notice of alleged infringement may be tendered using the contact information provided on this website. You will be liable for all damages if you falsely claim that any copyrights have been violated.
If you assert copyright violation, you should do the following:
- Identify the copyrighted by providing the URL to the protected work or the ISBN#.
- Identify the URL of the webpage you claim is infringing the copyrighted work.
- Provide contact information for yourself.
- Provide information sufficient to allow us to notify the administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content such as a blog.
- Include the following: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- Also include the following: “I declare under penalty of perjury that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Digitally sign.
The party representing the website or provider of content can issue a counter-notification under sections 512(g) (2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and we may post or link to the content if such is the case.
Counter notification may be tendered by email. You will be liable for any and all statutory and common law damages if you falsify a claim that others’ copyrights have NOT been violated
If you wish to file a counter-notice, you should do the following:
- Identify the specific URLs or other unique identifying information that we have removed.
- Provide your contact information and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
- Include the following statement: “I declare under penalty of perjury that I have a good faith belief that each item of content identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, or that the material identified by the complainant has been removed or disabled at the URL identified and will no longer be shown.”
- Digitally sign.
QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/CONCERNS: If you have any questions about the contents of this page, or simply wish to reach us for any other reason, you may do so by using our Contact information.
PO Box 105
Penngrove CA 94951